The shift in US attention from Europe to Asia will expand the EU’s foreign and defence policy responsibilities. Can it cope with them in the midst of an economic crisis? How can the EU make its diplomacy and military missions more effective without spending more money? And is there a risk that the economic crisis will cause security difficulties in EU member-states themselves?
* Good news on defence, policy brief by Clara Marina O'Donnell (Winter)
* The transatlantic relationship and the Asia pivot, policy brief by Rem Korteweg (Winter)
* The security implications of the economic crisis, policy brief by Rem Korteweg and Tomas Valasek (Spring 2014)
* A European way of war II, report by Clara Marina O'Donnell (Spring 2014)
* Drones and the future of the transatlantic defence market, policy brief by Clara Marina O'Donnell (Winter 2014)